Friday, August 30, 2013

2 weeks to go!

So today marks the point where I have two weeks until my surgery. The past couple of days I have felt like total poop. I've been running a fever and feeling nauseous and just not wanting to do much of anything. I only want to eat foods that are cold because when I eat hot foods it feels like it raises my temp by like 100 degrees. Granted, it's been fairly warm outside lately, but that is not the reason for my discomfort. The reason is of course "Ted". If I didn't know better I would swear I was pregnant. I'm having symptoms of pregnancy and it's really weird. Some of the side effects of having an ovarian mass is that your body might go into a "false" pregnancy state and you will begin to have symptoms of pregnancy. True story indeed. I have to potty all the time, I'm having food cravings (mostly sushi), I sleep odd hours and I feel like I'm hotter than the sun on the inside. (And no I'm not talking about my sparkling good looks either). It's making me feel very blah about this whole situation. I cannot wait until this is all done and over with because it sucks having symptoms with nothing to show for your suffering.

I have also decided that until after my surgery I am not going to pursue exercise. When I do I feel horrid the next day and can barely move. It's just not worth the discomfort for an few calories burnt. Plus with all the inflammation and bloating I'm not currently losing weight as it is (I've gained two pounds). I know it's a process and I'm trying really hard to wait it out and just roll with the schedule but I have a feeling this is going to be the longest two weeks of my life. Lord I hope I start feeling better soon because I don't like the idea of spending two weeks in bed.

No comments: