Friday, September 6, 2013

One week to go

Today marks one week away from my surgery day. I'd be lying if I said that I was approaching this completely calm. It's a little scary because until the doctor gets a scope in there she isn't entirely sure if this will be a simple or complex procedure. We don't know yet if the ovary will have to come out as well. We don't know if this mass is completely benign or if there is a possibility that it might be cancerous. There are still just too many questions that I don't have answers to yet and will have to wait for those answers to be revealed. I'm incredibly over this waiting game.

I have an appointment on Tuesday to meet with my doctor and the hospital to sign all the pre-op paperwork and ask any questions I may have. I have written my questions in my composition book so I don't forget them and I'm sure that I will get plenty of written instructions on what to do. They won't let me go into this surgery blind per se, but surgery is still something that is not to be taken lightly.

I'm looking forward to not having a fever all the time and not being tired by noon. I'm looking forward to the bloating and swelling from the inflammation to go away so I don't look so fat. I'm looking forward to being able to start exercising again so I can start back down the road to reclaiming my health and longevity. I'm even looking forward to going back to work and hopefully finding a good paying office job. (Medical debt adds up quick). I have plenty of things to look forward to after "Ted" is gone and at this point those things are where my focus is at the moment. I just want to feel normal again and not like some sort of host for this alien growing inside of me. It's really not a cool feeling at all.

This weekend will be spent getting the house in order and making sure that the deeper cleaning chores get done. If the weather holds out, I'd also like to get these yards finished up. The front isn't bad but we never finished the back completely and it's ridiculous. Wishing we had better equipment to do the job, but we work with what we've got.

Feeling anxious waiting for everything to fall into place as it should. Just one more week! Then I will be "Ted" free and on my way back to the healthy life that I deserve and will work hard to have.

No comments: