Wednesday, January 9, 2013

On the Move in 2013

There are many things that are happening in my life right now and so far they all seem to be good things. The biggest item on that list is we are planning on moving at the end of February. We are all super excited for this move and the train has already been put into motion. I simply can't wait for a change into a new state, a new city and a new lifestyle. Go team motivation!

We went house hunting in the area we are looking at moving to last Saturday. We looked at 4 houses overall that day. We were totally not impressed by three of them but one stuck out and I couldn't stop thinking about it. I was decorating it in my mind and planning things for all that space. After a couple of days of talking it over with the husband, we decided to move forward with the rental process. The woman who owns the home is so nice and she wants to find tenants who will take good care of the house and not diminish the property's value. I filled out our rental applications last night and we are going to get this ball rolling as quickly as we can!

It's a 4 bedroom 3 bath home that is over 2100 square feet. It's in Stone Mountain Georgia. In addition to the original living space of the home (which was 3 bedroom 2 bath) are a huge family room, a storage room off that family room and the garage was converted into a second master bedroom with en suite bathroom. It's an older home with lots charm. Hardwood floors throughout the original home and the additions have carpet. There is a bay window in what will be our master bedroom which I am going to utilize for a reading nook. The kitchen is dated but cute and has decorative tiles on the backsplash behind the stove and the area next the the sink. The laundry room will be right outside our master bedroom door, talk about making that task easier! Plus it's a single story, no more stairs! Yay!
(not actual home, lol!)
The backyard is fenced with a basic chain link fence all around and it's absolutely huge! I couldn't believe it until I walked to the back of the yard and looked toward the house and the house looked so far away . The kiddo will have tons of space to play and be a boy. There is a small redwood deck that is just big enough for some outdoor seating, I'm thinking a cute little umbrella table so I can sit and read outside while sipping tea, when the weather permits.

The only downfall is there is no garage for our car. This is not a big deal to me, but our car has been spoiled since we've lived in our current house. If it's a big deal with the car being in the elements, I can get a car cover for it and cover it up when it's parked. Or invest in a really huge umbrella! Lol!

The kiddo is totally excited because he will get the second master bedroom with his own en suite bathroom! He's never had that. He feels all grown up about it and it makes me giggle. Who knew that a bathroom could make his whole day? I'm sure he'll feel even more awesome once we get his new bedroom furniture and get it all set up for him. Talk about a room overhaul! He's getting the works this time around because he's going to be 11 this year and it's time to put away childish things and upgrade to big kid world!

The next few weeks are going to be filled with chores and plenty of packing and purging. I am looking forward to going through stuff and getting rid of everything we don't need. It's a huge family garbage purge and I can't wait. It's like Spring cleaning without the Spring!

I will try to post updates as I get them but if there aren't many posts in the next few weeks, I have a very solid reason. It's MOVING time people!

No comments: