Monday, December 10, 2012

Surprise, Your're Sick!

I woke up yesterday morning with all these good intentions. I was going to clean up the house, do the laundry and possibly organize my bathroom. Well I wasn't feeling 100% so I decided to take it slow. I started the laundry and was playing my Sims 3 game between loads. After awhile I started feeling worse. I went and laid on the couch and tried to drink some chai tea. I fell asleep for a bit then woke up a little while later burning up. My hubby brought me some cold medicine and I gladly took it and went upstairs to bed. I slept most of yesterday so not much got done at all. I kept getting fevers that would spike and break last night. My side of the bed was drenched in sweat by 10pm and I was feeling horrible.

I wake up this morning and I feel like I've been run over by a truck. You know that feeling you get when you sleep too long because you are sick and your body feels like it's made of cement, I'm so there right now. I ate some cereal because despite how crappy I'm feeling I'm still hungry. Nothing is tasting good but I know I have to eat for my body to get healthy and fight off whatever it is that has invaded me so suddenly. After having such a wonderful Saturday, I was looking forward to a productive Sunday so I could start my work week off right. I guess now I just have to go with what I've been dealt this week and ride it out.

Nobody likes being sick, I know but I'm sick of feeling weak and helpless. I wasn't able to get to the gym at all last week because between work and stuff to do at home in the evenings, time just wasn't cooperating with me at all. My back is stiff (probably from all the sleeping yesterday) and my legs are achy. I stretch when I can to try to keep the muscles from tensing up further but that doesn't always work. Why can't I just have the time to get the things done I want to get done in a day? Is that too much to ask, really?

I could continue to whine incessantly all morning at this rate. A storm has rolled in and thunder, rain and high winds are what I woke up to this morning. Great so on top of me feeling like garbage I have to deal with bad weather today too? *insert eye roll here*. Whatever, let's just get his day over with, thanks.

1 comment:

Lissa @ Pass Go and Be Below said...

maybe your husband should help with the house duties to allow you time to heal - there is a thought