Thursday, June 6, 2013

They Served Me Well

After my walk yesterday it became very apparent that my shoes have walked their last miles. I have had my Nike's for about 8 months now and they have been the only pair of shoes that I've worn since they were purchased. I used to own several pairs and types of shoes but when you have orthotics it greatly limits what you can and can't wear. Since moving to GA I have put some serious mileage on these shoes and the backs have broken down and have huge holes in them. The time has come to retire the hardworking Nike's and to get another pair of shoes that will serve me well in the upcoming months. I have big plans for exercising and continuing to lose this weight and I'll need to have the tools to do so.

Today I'm meeting up with my son's best friend's mom to drop him off after day camp so he can spend the weekend with his best friend. Since it's going to be our first kid free weekend in awhile we are planning on staying active and doing some shopping this weekend. Shoes are first on my list. I'm kinda excited. For the next couple of days however I am letting my feet rest and heal. I have blisters and calluses on my toes and it's gotten painful to even walk around. I did some research on why this might have happened and after reading several articles on running, I discovered that I was not only wearing the wrong shoes for the job, I was also wearing the wrong socks. I was going about it all wrong and never would have known to change it. So a couple of days of healing up and I should be able to get back to my normal level of activity on Monday. The weekend will be spent doing a lower level of activity (shopping and walking around in parks and such at a leisurely pace) weather permitting.

I never in a million years thought that I would be having to replace a pair of shoes because I exercised so much and put so many miles on them that they wore out. It's a good feeling. Every day when I accomplish my workouts and I run a little faster or further it makes me feel absolutely fabulous. I know that I'm doing this for me and that my hard work is paying off and I can finally see some results. It's still very much a work in progress and I have about 50 or so more pounds to lose. It's getting easier to lace up and do it every day now though. I am looking forward to reaching that goal and being able to know that I did this myself! Nobody ran those miles for me, nobody forced me to do the work, I did it because I know that only the changes I make will give me the results that I want.

 Don't mind the hair I just finished a 4 mile walk

There is definite ab definition finally

Retiring my Nike's for a new pair this weekend

I've come a long way from looking like this (taken in 2008)

No comments: