Friday, March 11, 2011

Out of the cave

It's been a few weeks since I made a post. I've got no good excuse other than I just didn't feel like writing. I had a cold for about a week, which put me down and out. I felt horrible and negative about everything. Then I get over the cold and mother nature decides to come spend her week with me. That really makes me feel antisocial and angry. I didn't feel there was anything positive to write about so I laid on my couch and kept my grumpiness to myself.

However there has been lots to write about. For the past week I have been getting the house in order for our new guests who will be arriving in just 3 more days! They are getting onto the bus today and their cross country adventure begins. I don't know who is more excited, me or them. Hubby thinks I'm adorable with how excited about all this I am, it'll be chaotic getting our schedules in sync but it'll be fun.

There will be a lot to do when they get here to get them established as TN residents. We will have lots of important stuff to do but we can't forget about having fun too. Spring break starts for Dakota on March 21st, so I'm going to take that week to go with them and explore this beautiful town. There is much to do that doesn't require money at all. Walks, parks, bridges....it all depends on if the weather decides to work with me or against me at that point.

There is still a big job that I have to get finished before Monday morning when I have to go pick up my new roommates. I HAVE to organize Dakota's bedroom to make room for his new roommate. He will be sharing a room for the first time in his life. He says he's excited about it and that he is so happy to have another child around to play with and talk to. I think this is going to be a very good thing for both kids, and they will become close, just like siblings. I don't look forward to the first knock down drag out fight but that's what siblings do so I expect it.

I can't believe that time has gone so quickly. I remember when it was months until their arrival and it felt like it would never get here. Now, it's here and there is no turning back. I am so excited and happy to be able to help them. They deserve the best out of life and where they are out now they hit a rough spot and just can't seem to get around it easily. Now they have the chance to start over, literally. I can help them and give them the lifestyle that they want and that their daughter needs. It'll be a good thing for all of us. I'll get to have my dearest friends here with me. Now if I could just get my best friend and her family to move out here it would be perfect (wink wink).

So for now that's what's on my mind. Just getting ready to expand this household from 3 to 6. Instant family, just add water. :D

1 comment:

Steph said...

Workin on it. Will be at least a few more years, depends on Tim's grad school, that kind of thing. We are pretty seriously looking at North Carolina. You will be the first to know, don't worry. ;-)