Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Can it be? Is she smiling?

Today was a very good day for me. Despite the fact that I only got about 3 hours of sleep last night, I am feeling quite wonderful. I'm not sure if my fears and doubts melted away with my dreams or if I am just on a high today, but I like it. I went to work and had a decent day. I didn't make my production but that was of no fault of my own, that was the fault of the horrific claims that I got all day today. No big deal I just have to work extra hard the rest of this week and hope I can bump my numbers up. I don't want to be one of the ones getting my pink slip come January.

With my recent financial situation finally being able to be gotten under control I am feeling for the first time like I just might be able to do this. I still get help from my two partners in crime when I need it, but I am trying to do most of this on my own so I can reap the benefits of being successful in my own way.

I am waiting to hear when my "work from home" schedule goes into effect. I got offered and accepted for the position of a telecommuter. That will make my life so much easier, you just don't know. If I'm sick I can still work from home, if my son is sick or out of school I can still work from home. I might even be able to not have to put him into daycare over holidays and such if I can work it.

I am feeling better about myself. I am learning to accept compliments again and know that there are people out there that find me attractive and that love me for just me being me. It's hard to grasp that concept sometimes and I'm sure my self esteem will falter from time to time as I am a woman and have hormones to contend with. However, I think that I am exactly where I need to be in life. It may be hard and I may not always like what happens around me or to me, but in the end I feel for the first time since I left my husband that things are going to be ok.

I think I'm going to brew myself coffee in the morning and see what happens!

1 comment:

Steph said...

Exciting stuff, mama!! I'm proud of you!