Friday, June 8, 2012

Blueberry Coconut Flour Muffins


Here is the recipe for the Blueberry Bread I made this morning for those who requested it:

6 eggs
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup milk (I used almond milk)
1/2 cup sugar (I used splenda)
1/2 cup coconut flour
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
1/2 teaspoon salt (I used sea salt)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 cup fresh blueberries

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 12 standard muffin cups or line with papers. (I used a cast iron skillet instead).

Whisk eggs, butter, milk and sugar in medium bowl until well blended.

Thoroughly combine 1/2 cup coconut flour, lemon peel, salt, baking powder and xanthan gum in a separate medium sized bowl. Sift that flour mixture into the egg mixture and whisk until batter is smooth.

Combine blueberries with 2 teaspoons of coconut flour (I skipped this step) and gently stir them into your batter.

Fill muffin cups (or other choice of bakeware) and bake 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. (It took 20 minutes in a cast iron skillet) Cool 5 minutes on a wire rack.


No comments: