Friday, February 1, 2013

25 Days and Counting

Today is February first, which means that I have 25 days to get everything that still needs to be accomplished for the move taken care of. The next 3 weeks is going to be a whirlwind of happy chaos in our current household as I clean out closets, rooms and a garage. I must get rid of things we have no need for. I must make sure the proverbial ducks are in a row and that this move goes smoothly. I will of course have help from the husband and the boy child on this mission but the purging of junk will be all my responsibility. I shall bring organization to the chaos, it shall be done!

Yesterday was my last day of work. Once we move I probably won't be returning to work right away. I plan on going to school to get my real estate license for the state of GA so I can become an agent. There is a potential to make fabulous money in real estate and I'm looking forward to learning a new skill and going back into a classroom environment. I know that I'll have to start out at the bottom but hard work and effort should get me moving up the real estate ladder quickly, I can do this and I have set my mind into motion for it.

In the meantime I am going to take the next few months to take care of two things. First I am going to purge our lives of clutter and crap we don't need and we are going to move into our adorable new house. Second I am going to work on me. I want to start losing weight again, I want to expand my social circle, I want to get hobbies that I can enjoy, I want to decorate my home and my life with things that make me happy. I know that the move will not be the cure-all for every issue that I have in my life right now. It's not a miracle move. However, if I am happy and content in my environment then I can easily maintain day to day life and bring happiness to those I choose to surround myself with. I will have NO EXCUSE not to exercise because I can see Stone Mountain Park from my driveway. There are trails close to my home to bike or walk on, I won't even need a gym membership.

2013 is my year of making the changes I need to make to make sure I have a happy healthy future. 2012 was a year that I took some staggering losses (my sister being one of them). It was a year that made me cry more times than I wanted to admit. It made me come face to face with the reality that no one lives forever, no matter how good of a person they are, no matter if they have family who doesn't want them to go, no matter if they always lived a healthy happy life and overcame every obstacle that was put before them with dignity. When it's time, you simply go and there are no do overs or reset buttons. My sister was a person who I always wanted to be like, I respected and admired her so much. So it's time to ask myself "How would Deann handle this?" I know exactly how she would handle it, she would take care of business no matter how difficult or demanding. At the end of the day she would go out and sit by the pool and relax. I won't have a pool at the new house but I will have a little redwood deck that I can go sit on to reflect on my day and my choices. If I don't live the life I want to live now and I don't take care of myself now, then I'm going to have regrets that I will never be able to resolve when my end does eventually come and no one can go in peace if there mind is plagued with regrets.

I have spent too many years trying to be what everyone else needed that I have lost track of the Erin inside. Who is she? What does she like and dislike? What does she even look like? Honestly at times I can't answer those simple three questions. I put everyone else first because it's who I am. It's who I've always been, take care of others then take care of yourself. I'm a mother, a wife, a friend, a sister, an aunt and a daughter. I have so many people whose lives I touch and I want to make sure that I leave a beautiful impression while I'm there. So change is in the works for me and I'm hoping that the path to these changes brings me joy and gives me plenty of awesome stuff to blog about! =D

No comments: